Terror Danjah isn’t a household name, he’s not as well known as Wiley or Dizzee Rascal, but he’s considered by the grime cognoscenti to be the best grime producer ever.
Originally part of the Nasty Crew and then Aftershock, Terror has released countless 12"s and remixes as well as several mixtapes.
Planet Mu are proud to be linking up with Terror to release a compilation of his instrumental productions entitled "Gremlinz"
The title of the album is a reference to the Gremlin cackle Terror uses as an audio-logo to indicate a Terror Danjah production, much like Timbaland’s singing/beat boxing on his early productions.
However, the comparison with Timbaland doesn’t stop there, both producers worked with a signature palate of sounds, adding to them occasionally, which make their productions instantly recognisable. Both producers use shifting, syncopated rhythms. What makes Terror different was that he’s British, he works around the tempo of 140 bpm, and his music is part of the aggressive post-garage movement of grime.
Terror also worked with both mcs and vocalists, from Nasty Crew, Skepta, Wiley, to Shystie, Shola Ama and now Mz Bratt, he worked with the best mcs in the game when grime was the most exciting music around.
These tracks were mostly issued on limited vinyl releases on the Aftershock label, as either instrumental tracks for mcs to clash over and djs to play or as backing for mcs and singers. If you want to hear a precursor to Joker, and the new Bristol producers, here it is. Despite the pared down palette he uses, Terror’s productions are full of brilliant ideas, complex rhythms and pop hooks and until now, despite being lauded by those in the know, he’s been underappreciated. This collection of his instrumentals, remixes and tracks for others, is a good chance to show off his singular genius to the rest of the world.
Power Grid E.P.
Jul 12, 2010
Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
Sep 28, 2009
Industry Standard Part 4
Aug 31, 2009
- Your Face
- Fingers, Bank Pads & Shoe Prints
- Classics Vol. 1
- Life On Planet Mu
- The Crystal Cowboy
- Entropik E.P.
- Dark Energy
- Parallel Memories
- Don't Leave
- My Love Is A Bulldozer
- The Seer Of Cosmic Visions
- Sun Czar Temple
- Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)
- Oct 10, 2015 - RP Boo at Razz Matazz (Barcelona)
- Oct 10, 2015 - µ-Ziq at Ancienne Belgique (Brussels)
- Oct 10, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Kazimier (Liverpool)
- Oct 16, 2015 - RP Boo at Unsound Festival (Krakow)
- Oct 17, 2015 - RP Boo at OHM (Berlin)
- Oct 17, 2015 - Luke Vibert at District 8 (Dublin)
- Oct 18, 2015 - at Golden Pudel (Hamburg)
- Oct 23, 2015 - RP Boo at Elevate Festival (Graz)
- Oct 23, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Leoncavallo (Milan)
- Oct 24, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Link (Bologna)