SINGLE REVIEW: PRITCH & TRIM – STEREOTYPE/KISS MY ARSE
Reviewed by Sam Constable Source: (Silent Radio)
The man of many names and countless brilliant tracks, Mark Pritchard, takes to the studio with one of Grime best-est, MC Trim. The single comes with two tracks from the pair and instrumentals to boot.
Mark lays down a swaggering, light-hearted beat on ‘Stereotype’ with hooks redolent of a soundtrack to a 1970s comedy skit. A clever rhythm mixed with brass, woodwind and synths twist up and down to create this unique, jaunty sound. On the mic Trim cuts no corners and his style works extremely well on a beat that most MCs could not hold a candle to. Sounding as if there’s a striding confidence in his flow he takes his time to cleverly dissect each bar.
Second up is ‘Kiss My Arse’ where Mr Pritchard puts down a solid stripped back beat with tones of jungle and dancehall styled hooks thrown in. Trim let’s off some serious steam on this one, putting the record straight on rumours floating around, laying down his words with enough precision to take the head off a pin.
An interesting combination from two artists at the top of their games and rising.
- Shitmat - Full English Breakfest Vol.3
- Shitmat - Full English Breakfest Vol.1
- Various - The Sacred Symbols Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Meathole
- Luke Vibert - Lover's Acid
- Frog Pocket - Gonglot
- Phthalocyanine - No One Said You Didn't
- Various - Amµnition
- Electronic Music Composer - Abandon Music
- The Gasman - The Grand Electric Palace Of Variety
- Chevron - Everything's Exactly The Same
- Julian Fane - Special Forces
- Kid Spatula - Meast
- Shitmat - Killababylonkutz
- Venetian Snares - Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding
- Datach'i - Mmale And Ffemale
- edIT - Crying Over Pros For No Reason
- Remarc - Unreleased Dubs '94-'96
- Remarc - Sound Murderer
- Urban Myth & Steve Beresford - Live At The Friends Meeting House
- dDamage - Radio Ape
- OOO - Upon Cycles
- Venetian Snares - The Chocolate Wheelchair Album
- The Gasman - Remedial