SINGLE REVIEW: PRITCH & TRIM – STEREOTYPE/KISS MY ARSE
Reviewed by Sam Constable Source: (Silent Radio)
The man of many names and countless brilliant tracks, Mark Pritchard, takes to the studio with one of Grime best-est, MC Trim. The single comes with two tracks from the pair and instrumentals to boot.
Mark lays down a swaggering, light-hearted beat on ‘Stereotype’ with hooks redolent of a soundtrack to a 1970s comedy skit. A clever rhythm mixed with brass, woodwind and synths twist up and down to create this unique, jaunty sound. On the mic Trim cuts no corners and his style works extremely well on a beat that most MCs could not hold a candle to. Sounding as if there’s a striding confidence in his flow he takes his time to cleverly dissect each bar.
Second up is ‘Kiss My Arse’ where Mr Pritchard puts down a solid stripped back beat with tones of jungle and dancehall styled hooks thrown in. Trim let’s off some serious steam on this one, putting the record straight on rumours floating around, laying down his words with enough precision to take the head off a pin.
An interesting combination from two artists at the top of their games and rising.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify