DJ Spinn – Man I Do It EP
Reviewed by Leisure Source: (Leisure)
South Chicago’s DJ Spinn is widely regarded as one of the originators of the footwork sound. Beginning as a dancer with the House-O-Matics crew he moved into production and has since become a mainstay in the Chicago underground electronic scene. Man I Do It is a joint release, being put out on Planet Mu, who have been no strangers to this sound as of late, as well as on a new Chicago imprint Loose Squares — a label run by Chrissy Murderbot that will focus on juke, jit, footwork, and bass music.
The EP itself is pretty contained considering the breadth of sounds that DJ Spinn has been known to flip — it remains soulful and laid-back amongst the frantic percussive elements that are ubiquitous to the genre. Below, you can check out the first 5 tracks on the record in a litte preview we’ve put together. You can check out snippets from the record, including final tune “LOL” at Planet Mu’s official site.
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up