Reviewed by Jay Kilka (Traffic Magazine)
Love it or hate it 'Skwee' doesn't get much better than this with this self-titled debut album from Finish graphic designer/electronic producer. If you don't know the genre this is a great introduction that you will either fall in love with or hate with a passion. Simple synth riffs over sparse beats = Funk.
Reviewed by Unknown (Unknown)
This guy is a new one to me but from as soon as it starts I'm intrigued.
From the beginning of first track 'Lipton Service Boy' there's a definite
air of electro pop or even italo. A slap bass line interspersed with lush
chords and intricate percussion.
Apparently this is something to do with a musical movement from Scandinavia-
called Skweee it's the combination of very simple synth leads and basslines
with the rhythms of funk
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up