Reviewed by Jay Kilka (Traffic Magazine)
Love it or hate it 'Skwee' doesn't get much better than this with this self-titled debut album from Finish graphic designer/electronic producer. If you don't know the genre this is a great introduction that you will either fall in love with or hate with a passion. Simple synth riffs over sparse beats = Funk.
Reviewed by Unknown (Unknown)
This guy is a new one to me but from as soon as it starts I'm intrigued.
From the beginning of first track 'Lipton Service Boy' there's a definite
air of electro pop or even italo. A slap bass line interspersed with lush
chords and intricate percussion.
Apparently this is something to do with a musical movement from Scandinavia-
called Skweee it's the combination of very simple synth leads and basslines
with the rhythms of funk
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify