Reviewed by Jay Kilka (Traffic Magazine)
Love it or hate it 'Skwee' doesn't get much better than this with this self-titled debut album from Finish graphic designer/electronic producer. If you don't know the genre this is a great introduction that you will either fall in love with or hate with a passion. Simple synth riffs over sparse beats = Funk.
Reviewed by Unknown (Unknown)
This guy is a new one to me but from as soon as it starts I'm intrigued.
From the beginning of first track 'Lipton Service Boy' there's a definite
air of electro pop or even italo. A slap bass line interspersed with lush
chords and intricate percussion.
Apparently this is something to do with a musical movement from Scandinavia-
called Skweee it's the combination of very simple synth leads and basslines
with the rhythms of funk RnB and soul.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel