Reviewed by Unknown (Unknown)
This guy is a new one to me but from as soon as it starts I'm intrigued.
From the beginning of first track 'Lipton Service Boy' there's a definite
air of electro pop or even italo. A slap bass line interspersed with lush
chords and intricate percussion.
Apparently this is something to do with a musical movement from Scandinavia-
called Skweee it's the combination of very simple synth leads and basslines
with the rhythms of funk RnB and soul. Mostly based around online networks
it is slowly edging out into the real world due to it's personal take on
This style is very noticeable on 'We Could Be Skweeepoes.' This track will
obviously be compared to Squarepusher with it's funky live bass sound
interspersed with electronic beats and warbling synth bass, but with an
ultimately laid back and no doubt Scandinavian feel.
Eero was kicked out of his old funk band as he solo'd out too much. This is
why he started making music with computers combined with his live bass. As
well as italo and electro-funk, his style also edges on Miami bass on 'Hal
Manifesto' and 'Mantik.'
Another great album from Planet Mu with yet another avenue explored. 9/10
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up