Reviewed by The Wire
This is the Gasman's fourth album for Planet Mu, and while it is a case of more of the same, it's a same well worth savouring. The cover is a knowing nod to lost technologies - Audiogold manufactured C60, C90, and C120 tapes, and their trademark artwork is faithfully reproduced here. The Gasman retains what has become known as his 'Gaylord' sound, in which rave is juxtaposed with mansion house intimations of cobwebbed chandaliers and decaying grandeur; a higher bpm
Reviewed by Subba Culcha
The Gasman is Portsmouth-based producer Christopher Reeves. Armed only with a knackered PC and a head full of ideas, he has been pumping out records through Planet Mu and various other labels since 2003. His latest offering, Audiogold may be titled audaciously but with an eclectic array of samples and a deep admiration for old school dance music he’s made sure his money is where his mouth is.
Listening to Audiogold, it’s clear straight away that early
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel