Reviewed by The Wire
This is the Gasman's fourth album for Planet Mu, and while it is a case of more of the same, it's a same well worth savouring. The cover is a knowing nod to lost technologies - Audiogold manufactured C60, C90, and C120 tapes, and their trademark artwork is faithfully reproduced here. The Gasman retains what has become known as his 'Gaylord' sound, in which rave is juxtaposed with mansion house intimations of cobwebbed chandaliers and decaying grandeur; a higher bpm version, in some ways, of what Third Eye Foundation used to do. It's put to best effect on opener 'Crucible', in which grainy organs pipe high and lingering into the rafters. 'Pyrex', meanwhile, sets forth an equestrian canter, as multiple synth riffs fold back on themselves, while '(MX90)' posits a drained, monochrome version of Acid. All in all, Audiogold is carried through by the acrobatic elan of its creator.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify