Reviewed by Melissa Bradshaw
Distances fascination with the dark and the charged originates in his metal fandom, making him somewhat idiosyncratic among dubstep producers. The taut, controlled plat on the tensions between a relatively small palette of sounds-b-line kick and snares, rarely more than a few other lines at any one time, and only sampled vocals-is both the strength and limit of 'My Demons'.
The title track is a classic, with a post Digital Mystikz skank, a bass that rolls between quiet and dubby suspensions, four bar structures that hang together as much as move into each other. 'Traffic' (another biggun) is more urgent, driving on with an angry momentum. 'Night Vision' and 'Cella' are softer, yet still ominously poised; 'Cyclops' and 'Ska' combine steppa rhythms with metallic (i mean sonically, not just generically) anti-melodies. Overall, this is a brilliant summation of a particular dubstep corner and mood.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify