Reviewed by Boomkat
First coming to the attention through his caustic production for Manchester's Virus Syndicate, MRK 1 (aka Mark One) returns to the mighty Mu with new album 'Copyright Laws' - a record which sees a throbbing dubstep heart stepping out on the town with all manner of styles and production adjuncts in tow. A real evolution from 'One Way', 'Copyright Laws' sees MRK 1 spooling in sub-blows and eroded urban fragments galore, creating a textured vision of
Reviewed by The Stool Pigeon
Who left the fuckin pint glass on the turntable? This CD from a 25 year old Manchester lad who, after years of releasing music on his own label is now a Plaanet Mu mate, is all about a big-ass bucket of KFC, an all-night playstation 2 session and a fat bag of crack weed. It's down tempo, sluggish and chunky hip-hop beats and swishy speaker-tickling mash ups for the mashed up. Like The Prodigy on cough syrup.
Reviewed by Clash
M.R.K.1, otherwise known as Mark One, was responsible for the underground classic 'One Way' album of 2004, which fused elements of hip-hop and D 'n' B with Grime. During this time and since, Dubstep has been causing a stir, and often being misrepresented in a mass media keen to show knowledge of a burgeoning scene. Like many artists coming from a world of instrumental ragga and grime influenced beats (although coming from a slightly more eclectic
Reviewed by Q Magazine
The second album from Mancunian dubstep prooducer MRK1 will test your stereo's low frequency response to the limit. The elephantine bass on 'Ruler' is speaker-busting, while 'I Got Too', featuring Jamaican dancehall star Sizzla, fuses low end theory with spliffed-up toasting.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row