electro crunk in your trunk.
Reviewed by HVC3dream (Amazon)
i got handed this from a friend of mine and having never heard of tom before, i was a little skeptical. but hot damn , i'm a fan now. tom's on a new sound here something between aphex and dirty south. glitchy cut up bumpin tracks. slick production and all. most songs on the album are all intrumental with a few vocal tracks thrown in. tom's got all kinds of different beats and textures on this album but they all come out really fresh and new sounding. if you like the likes of prefuse 73 or even some more main stream stuff, like justin timberlake's "my love". it could be down your alley. also, if you like this sound, look up an album by another up and coming LA artist by the name of ediT called "crying over pros for no reason". its the new la sound, love it.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row