"......Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge is a revelry of drunk electronics, where beats and samples are managed by one of the most talented producers around; don't expect smart production and electro-acoustic experimentation like in Pro Agonist, this time it's all
Reviewed by luca maini (igloomag.com)
Tim Exile is a fickle guy. He spent a handful of years doing standard d'n'b on Moving Shadow and Renegade Hardware, then tweaked his style a bit and approached to John B's Beta Recordings, started playing mash up live sets and gained much attention, then again extended his skills to techno (approaching on Vogel's Mosquito label) and breakcore electronica finally giving birth to the widely acclaimed Pro Agonist on Planet Mu. Now, bored of studio work fine tuning every microsecond of his creations, he discovered that it's more entertaining playing live sets with custom softwares and installations like the infamous gabba machine, a sort of punching ball emitting gabber kicks and bass when hit, a technologic wonder I haven't had the chance to witness yet. Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge gives us a chance to hear such a live performance, and even if I think this record is just laptop improvisation (no gabba machine, sorry) it shows how exciting a one-man-only IDM gig can be.
Tim interacts with the audience, samples his own voice and the public reaction too, jumps unpredictably from style to style, from breaks to jungle, from four-to-the-floor techno to gabba, often changing pace but always retaining an infectious party attitude. The most hilarious moment is undoubtedly when he asks 'any requests?' and when the audience says Britney, he indeed chops Britney, then leading to a climax of beats per minute and bass power that ends the record with a blast. ...Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge is a revelry of drunk electronics, where beats and samples are managed by one of the most talented producers around; don't expect smart production and electro-acoustic experimentation like in Pro Agonist, this time it's all about being effective and immediate.
Now we can only wait for the next change of mind of the polyhydric Tim. Special mention for the bizarre artwork, that looks like a reinterpretation of Windowlicker by David Lynch.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify