Reviewed by almostcool.org (almostcool.org)
Although I had enjoyed previous albums of his intermittently, it was on last years Rossz Csillag Alatt Született that I finally felt that Venetian Snares (aka Aaron Funk) had reached his true potential. Inspired by a trip through Hungary, the album mixed sampled live instrumentation with his trademark breakcore for something that felt intense and original. Arriving only about a year later (but apparently comprised of work created in the past year and
Reviewed by Ali Burge (Thermostat)
Someone should start a campaign against literal album titles; I’m getting fed up buying records called things like “5 EPs” and “With Voices”. Thankfully Venetian Snares has never had trouble coming up with inventive album titles, with gems such as Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding, Chocolate Wheelchair and Make Orange Things nestled amongst his discography. Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms continues this line of
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
To most people with normal music tastes, they'd wrap this up and say "well, it's totally ridiculous music, it might as well have a ridiculous title." But for the rest of us who seem to get off on what Venetian Snares does....
It was always gonna be difficult to top his last album. 'Rossz Csillag' fused strings and amens and wrapped it up in an edible, narrative concept. Needless to say it was pretty hype and resulted in his most 'accessible'
"...if you're already done with V-Snares because you think he's doing the same old thing, then pass it on, while if you're a die-hard fan then you've probably worn out your copy..."
Reviewed by luca maini (igloomag.com)
I have to admit I bought this mainly for completism - I just miss the latest Hospitality, but I own every other CD V-Snares has released during the years (that's 17). I didn't rate Meathole as much as some previous albums, and even if this Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms too doesn't sound fresh and exciting like the first, shocking works, it features many interesting tunes. The opening "Donut" shows clearly that the leitmotiv on
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row