Reviewed by Iain Moffat (playlouder.com)
If you were the child of Mr and Mrs Funk, you'd probably be expected to make records that sounded like George Clinton strapping ESG on an erotic rocket to mars while Prince loiters in the kitchen roasting a fox. Canadian feller Aaron of that particular clan, however, shows no sigs of letting up in that most nobly offspringly of callings; namely, rebelling as loudly and consistently as is humanly possible.
Really, given the number of years that
Reviewed by Jeremy Chick (www.subba-cultcha.com)
Taking digital hardcore to it’s melodic extreme seems to be the last thing anyone wants to do these days. The harsher, extreme sounding capabilities of fucking with the EQ is the favoured course of action. So it’s refreshing to have someone as versatile and gifted as Aaron Funk bring a little (well, a lot, and generally squashed together in second long bursts) melody to proceedings. Any song that takes the hyperactive expletives of jungle, fusing
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify