Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
To most people with normal music tastes, they'd wrap this up and say "well, it's totally ridiculous music, it might as well have a ridiculous title." But for the rest of us who seem to get off on what Venetian Snares does....
It was always gonna be difficult to top his last album. 'Rossz Csillag' fused strings and amens and wrapped it up in an edible, narrative concept. Needless to say it was pretty hype and resulted in his most 'accessible' work yet. Well on his latest (and tenth!) album for Planet Mu, he goes back to basics.
Loaded with light-speed melodies and inwardly collapsing rhythms, it might not have the orchestral grandeur of 'Hajnal' nor the sheer brutality of 'Befriend a Child Killer'. But it's a thoroughly enjoyable audio buggering nonetheless.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row