Apparently any profits from this record will go to St. Bernadetta's Synth Hospital.
Reviewed by NME
If Klaxon's sampler has a drink problem (beer spilled on the motherboard, perhaps) or their favourite synth is missing a crucial knob, this, NME imagines, is where they recover. But the mysterious Canadian behind "Last Step" doesn't need to rely on good deeds to win over NME's affections. Rocking the retro analogue synth sounds of DMX Krew and the pop sensibilities of early Depeche Mode, but given, like Aphex Twin, to schizoid lurches in tempo and sudeen explosions of sonic chaff, his debut is a rubbery Roland-designed riot. The gabbled Vocoder vocal on "When You're Smiling And When You're Not" is inddicative of the mania that possesses many tracks, but, at other times, "Last Step" is downright beautiful. Please give generously - it'll make you feel good.
Tony Naylor 7
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify