Reviewed by maurizio pustianaz (chain dlk)
Coming from Ireland, Boxcutter present his album titled ONEIRIC, a double 12”/CD (the CD has four bonus tracks) released by Mike Paradinas’ Planet Mu. Barry Lynn has chosen the right title for his album, because ONEIRIC is a blend of dub, i.d.m. and ambient where the reverb is the main effect used. The effect created is similar to certain isolationist records (some of the latest Scorn releases) but with the rhythmic attitude of break beat. Each track has a different flavour (for example see the jazzy “Mossy”, the grime bass of the opening “Tauhid” or of “Hyloz” and the ‘60s soul r’n’b attitude of “Bad you do”) and Boxcutter is able to switch through different genres with easiness giving to his first album a good balance for an hour of ambient danceable cuts where the bass is always pumping and the tension is always at the top!
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify