Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
Of course the forthcoming album by Boxcutter ('Oneiric') is going to be ace...I did the artwork. But before all that, here are four fine examples of Boxcutter's unique brand of edit-step. His previous works on Hotflush seemed overtly technical, but here he seems to let mood and narrative take over.
The title track continuing dubstep's flirtation with easternism to further extremes. But it's the nicer tracks that impress; the halogen-lit shimmer on 'Gave Dub'
Reviewed by Boomkat (Boomkat)
If the genre of skitter-break doesn't already exist, then this new 12 from Boxcutter makes one heck of a case for it being minted. The sound of Gene Krupa falling down a spiral staircase, the A ('Tauhid') sees growling dubstep-esque bass chewing the arse off a percussive maelstrom - atop of which an additional seasoning of gloopy electronica is added. Breaking down for a mid-way breather, when it all comes back in you bloody well know about it. On the other, it's a
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel