Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
Of course the forthcoming album by Boxcutter ('Oneiric') is going to be ace...I did the artwork. But before all that, here are four fine examples of Boxcutter's unique brand of edit-step. His previous works on Hotflush seemed overtly technical, but here he seems to let mood and narrative take over.
The title track continuing dubstep's flirtation with easternism to further extremes. But it's the nicer tracks that impress; the halogen-lit shimmer on 'Gave Dub' sounds like it was recorded at the end of the street. 'Bad You Do (Halfstep)' wonderfully alternates between reverb-drenched vocal soul and collapsable breaks.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row