Reviewed by Leon Michael Tricker (Vanity Project)
TKDE create soundtracks for non-existent movies. It’s a bit of a cliché, and I wonder how artists approach this. Do they storyboard the film first? Do they write a script to inspire the mood of the music? Whatever, for TKDE, the ends justify the means. As you might expect from the name and the concept this is jazzy, with an occasional trip-hop diversion. This is a moody record but the odd surprise is thrown in. For example, the sheets of white noise that erupt in ‘Lobby.’ Does that happen to indicate a serial killer jumping out of the shadows? In my head it does: the overall vibe is ‘film noir slasher movie.’ As an album it doesn’t hold my attention but there are enough moments to keep me coming back for short doses.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify