Reviewed by Leon Michael Tricker (Vanity Project)
TKDE create soundtracks for non-existent movies. It’s a bit of a cliché, and I wonder how artists approach this. Do they storyboard the film first? Do they write a script to inspire the mood of the music? Whatever, for TKDE, the ends justify the means. As you might expect from the name and the concept this is jazzy, with an occasional trip-hop diversion. This is a moody record but the odd surprise is thrown in. For example, the sheets of white noise that erupt in ‘Lobby.’ Does that happen to indicate a serial killer jumping out of the shadows? In my head it does: the overall vibe is ‘film noir slasher movie.’ As an album it doesn’t hold my attention but there are enough moments to keep me coming back for short doses.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- Various - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel