Reviewed by maurizio pustianaz (chain dlk)
HOSPITALITY is the latest Venetian Snares release and it contains six new tracks where Aaron Funk redefine his latest breakcore i.d.m. orchestral sound that he presented with “Rossz Csillag Alatt Született”. If you were used to his breathtaking digital cavalcades, this time Aaron decided to surprise his audience using also moments where sonic disintegration is kinda under control. Take for example the first couple of minutes of the opening “Frictional Nevada” where he build an ambient melodic orchestration (which is soon after joined by the usual crazy rhythmical section) and see how he deals the rhythm and the new melodic lines on the following minutes. If on “Rossz Csillag Alatt Született” he preferred orchestral sounds on HOSPITALITY you’ll find a lot of organ sounds along with strings (like on “Shoot myself” where he creates a good melancholic moment). I don’t know what do you think about the new Venetian Snares style but I like it because melodies and rhythmic complex structures get along really well and this new MCD is a good work that will make people, that were afraid of unused to this kind of sounds, appreciate Aaron’s work as they will find great amounts of involving atmospheres.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify