Stretching genres with this mix of digital electronica, jerky computer glitches, and trancey melodies, The Gasman stir up a frenzy of too-cool-for-school electric beats in their new album “This One’s For You”.
Reviewed by www.subba-cultcha.com (www.subba-cultcha.com)
“Goof” has the undertones of drum n bass, whilst rather calmly not causing a riot with the mesmerising synth sounds on top. Sounds a bit sketchy, but it’s wonderful, and makes you feel futuristically nostalgic!
“Creampie” is one of those songs that are so crazy it’s almost out of control, yet you can still feel the rhythm. In other words, it sounds like a robot has malfunctioned on the dance floor, but is now busting out the sickest moves…‘oh one of THOSE songs’ I hear you cry in revelation!
All in all, this is a wicked album, quite a treat for fans of experimental electro, or for those who take too many drugs. Remember, This one’s for you.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row