Stretching genres with this mix of digital electronica, jerky computer glitches, and trancey melodies, The Gasman stir up a frenzy of too-cool-for-school electric beats in their new album “This One’s For You”.
Reviewed by www.subba-cultcha.com (www.subba-cultcha.com)
“Goof” has the undertones of drum n bass, whilst rather calmly not causing a riot with the mesmerising synth sounds on top. Sounds a bit sketchy, but it’s wonderful, and makes you feel futuristically nostalgic!
“Creampie” is one of those songs that are so crazy it’s almost out of control, yet you can still feel the rhythm. In other words, it sounds like a robot has malfunctioned on the dance floor, but is now busting out the sickest moves…‘oh one of THOSE songs’ I hear you cry in revelation!
All in all, this is a wicked album, quite a treat for fans of experimental electro, or for those who take too many drugs. Remember, This one’s for you.
- Shitmat - Full English Breakfest Vol.3
- Shitmat - Full English Breakfest Vol.1
- Various - The Sacred Symbols Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Meathole
- Luke Vibert - Lover's Acid
- Frog Pocket - Gonglot
- Phthalocyanine - No One Said You Didn't
- Various - Amµnition
- Electronic Music Composer - Abandon Music
- The Gasman - The Grand Electric Palace Of Variety
- Chevron - Everything's Exactly The Same
- Julian Fane - Special Forces
- Kid Spatula - Meast
- Shitmat - Killababylonkutz
- Venetian Snares - Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding
- Datach'i - Mmale And Ffemale
- edIT - Crying Over Pros For No Reason
- Remarc - Unreleased Dubs '94-'96
- Remarc - Sound Murderer
- Urban Myth & Steve Beresford - Live At The Friends Meeting House
- dDamage - Radio Ape
- OOO - Upon Cycles
- Venetian Snares - The Chocolate Wheelchair Album
- The Gasman - Remedial