Reviewed by Leon Michael Tricker (Vanity Project)
VP’s favourite (well, mine at least [no, I’d go along with that too – Ed.]) electro artist returns with his most consistent work to date. This is electronica of the highest order. Once again, Reeves mixes beats with celestial organs and found sounds to find the middle ground between (wait for it!) Aphex Twin and Cardiacs (it’s true I tells you!). He creates a rich tapestry that is musically satisfying yet experimental and inspiring. This reviewer has heard a fair bit of electro past and present and The Gasman is so far ahead of his contemporaries it’s staggering. This record is a lesson to other artists: wheeling out the same old presets and production tricks leaves you stale. Do not miss this record.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify