Reviewed by Boomkat (Boomkat)
For us, this is the most flawless excursion from Planet Mu to date – and without doubt one of the deepest, most involving and subtle dubstep twelves released in the last 6 years. ‘Qawwali’ revolves around an impenetrably sparse Sino-melody that seems to build itself around the most threadbare ingredients, small progressions that leave an echo trace long after the chords fade back out into that signature widescreen Snare arrangement – pure genius. This is the
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
Pinch goes further than Boxcutter and takes the whole musical pilgrimage to Mecca with this fierce debut for Planet Mu. Minimal, heavy and hypnotic; this really has the power to propel systems. Sleight-of-hand approach to rhythm exposes a bassline that sounds like it's trapped in the ether. The VIP version dares to strip away even more elements, but amping the beats to a classic dubstep groove.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel