Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
OK, despite the coverage I gave Mike 'µ-Ziq' Paradinas in my Absorb incarnation, i thought he was losing the plot a bit with his last 'Bilious Paths' long player. His smart and inventive approach to melody and rhythm lost under a sea of DSP overkill with knobs that probably went all the way to 11.
'Ease Up' gives us a chance to revisit the folder labelled 'old school'. Initially sounding like 1990 in stasis, even this caves in to his jackhammer tendencies and we eventually plummet free-fall into the slimepit marked gabba. 'Wergle the Proud' sounds like a lost track off 'Tango'N Vectif'. In other words, ace.
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row