Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
OK, despite the coverage I gave Mike 'µ-Ziq' Paradinas in my Absorb incarnation, i thought he was losing the plot a bit with his last 'Bilious Paths' long player. His smart and inventive approach to melody and rhythm lost under a sea of DSP overkill with knobs that probably went all the way to 11.
'Ease Up' gives us a chance to revisit the folder labelled 'old school'. Initially sounding like 1990 in stasis, even this caves in to his jackhammer tendencies and we eventually plummet free-fall into the slimepit marked gabba. 'Wergle the Proud' sounds like a lost track off 'Tango'N Vectif'. In other words, ace.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify