Reviewed by Boomkat (Boomkat)
Bizzy B continues his descent into the darkside with 4 brand new tracks on a double 10" for Planet Mu. 'Jah Works' devastates with its heavy sub bass depth charges and savage amen, lightened up with a dose of sweet dub vocals before crashing back in with Bizzy's famous edits and some choice rave stabs. 'Sound Test' surprises us with a little Soca guitar riff, while 'Flava' brings some G-funk synth into the equation. Everyone's buzzing about the Mu's schedule for 2006 - the fun starts here.
Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (Failme.net)
I never tire of Amen break variations, artists still continue to eek out new ways of using this tried and tested breakbeat. Two of the most forward-thinking scientists are Remarc and Bizzy B. Both have found a home on the Planet Mu label and the latter impresses with this fifth instalment in the 'Science' series. All the tracks follow the same narrative; steady breaks eventually break down into tighter edits as melodies and bass close in. Supreme
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel