Reviewed by Sheikh Ahmed (www.nativeinstruments.de)
Exile is Tim Shaw, creator of forward-thinking, hyper-edited Drum'n'Bass and capable of turning his hand to almost any electronic genre. He also holds a university degree in Electro-acoustic Composition, which together with his extensive knowledge of DSP programming allows him to lace his music with unique sounds and impressive attention to detail. Exile has released an impressive number of records on such labels as Frequency, Mosquito and Beta Recordings, and his debut album "Pro Agonist" is out now the label Planet Mu. Tim has spent the last year creating and perfecting a radical tool for live performance. Based entirely around Reaktor 5 and a set of customised faders and controllers, it allows him to manipulate samples and his own voice in real time. The unique Exile setup has been showcased at raves and gigs all over the UK and Europe. Native Instruments talked to Tim about his musical past, present and future, and got some very interesting answers. The interview was held at Fail Headquarters in London.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- Various - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel