Reviewed by Alastair Lee (www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective)
If you’re the kind of listener who likes to push your stereo to the limits, not to mention the patience of the neighbours, then you’ve struck gold with Exile. This sort of thing makes non-believers shake their heads in disbelief whilst muttering about “the kids of today”. Tearing 160bpm breaks, sliced to ribbons and spat in your face with distorted synth bass and menacing undercurrents. It’s feisty alright, but it’s not raw thuggery - there’s plenty of invention and some spellbinding sounds. But then it’s drum‘n’bass made by an MA student of Electroacoustic Composition. What else would you expect?
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify