Reviewed by Ralph Cowling (logarhythm)
Whether you have a particular aversion to pigeons or not, the mighty Venetian Snares, aka Aaron Funk is back again on England's seemingly unstoppable planet-mu label. And again, it cannot be denied that although Funk seems to be applying himself/itself multifariously on each new record of his prolific output, there is absolutely no suggestion that he is failing to excel completely in ability and general perception.
Now turning his hand to
Reviewed by Mark Teppo (igloomag.com)
"...While on vacation in Hungary, Funk experienced a moment of avian displacement and vanished into a metaphysical consideration of life as a pigeon ...the resulting record is a orchestral collision between Funk's well known drill 'n' bass and a panopoly of decaying folk motifs..."
Rossz Csillag Alatt Született is the closest Aaron Funk has ever come to being Unplugged. While on vacation in Hungary, Funk experienced a moment of avian
AARON FUNK'S MASTERPIECE?
Reviewed by Gutta (gutterbreakz)
Another year, another Venetian Snares album. The twelth, I believe. Nothing to get excited about, surely? Wrong. "Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett" is fucking awesome, easily the best thing of his I've ever heard. Maybe even one of the finest long-players in the history of IDM/electronica, though time will be the judge of that. In terms of both technical accomplishment and sheer emotional gravity, it's got to be one of the most profound artistic
Reviewed by James Vella (cdreviews.com)
How can someone write a review for an album for which there are no words that describe its beauty? How can any simple human being be expected to produce an analysis and examination of a record that a mind – evidently – so evolved past my own created? How can Venetian Snares have written an album that not only marks the best work he has ever released, but that will probably never be even equalled?
Put simply, Aaron Funk has made an album
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify