Reviewed by Ali Burge (Twenty4-seven.com)
Having appeared on more labels than anyone cares to count, Eight Frozen Modules are back with another great slice of sped up dancehall magic. Echoyouth's old school synth rhythms and ragga MCing work perfectly together, while Sight Code Unseen's stop start bassline creates a fever pitch frenzy of electronic beats. Another nugget of solid gold on Planet Mu.
Reviewed by IDJ (iDJ, Jan. 05)
A madcap DSP-fuelled joyride through ragga demolitions is programmed by American electronic misfit Ken Gibson (AKA 8FM). Whether carving up acapellas, launching Elephant Man into silicon space like a helium-pumped lunatic, or overdriving the boom-boom-bap of dancehall. Gibson succeeds in finding his own deranged voice.
Reviewed by boomcat (boomcat.com)
Mighty new 12” from Ken Gibson under his Eight Frozen Modules moniker, here turning his hand to obliterated digital dancehall grime in the most processed, ferocious stylee!! The man has already commanded all ends of the dancefloor with his intricately funky work as [a]pendics shuffle for Merck’s Narita imprint, Orac and Proptronix, alongside his microscopic expeimentations for Orthlorng Musork and cut-up styles for Tigerbeat 6. This will no doubt be his most
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel