Reviewed by Darren Wall (dmcupdate.com)
EIGHT FROZEN MODULES / DAMAGE 'DJ, RIDDIM & SOURCE EP / PRESSURE EP' (WHITE)
Planet Mu have been steadily cornering the electronic raggaclash / break-core / industro-hip-hop genres for a couple of years now and these two releases illustrate are prime examples of the label's current output. Eight Frozen Modules (aka L.A.'s Ken Gibson) fuses digital rhythms with ragga vocals, but not before processing it through every kind of studio effect imaginable, resulting in stupendously funky yet raucous clashes that soundsystems of the 23rd century will do battle with. dDamage are Parisian brothers who specialise in dark industrial hip-hop beats that's designed to aggravate the ears; off-kilter, loud and user unfriendly, just one track proving to be the exception with it's juxtaposition of seductively fragile female singing against a solid wall of sound. If you're in anyway curious to know what tomorrow's underground will sound like, listen in.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify