Reviewed by boomcat (boomcat.com)
Well, if you're gonna jump on the Grime bandwagon you may as well do it in f*cking LARGE style, something the Mu do ferociously with this mighty debut from Kevin Hawerchuck. It's called sublow for a reason kids, the low end here twisting us inside out in outrageously good fashion, determining to get those speakers blown before the evening's out. "Camel Toe" on the A side is easily the standout, a massive filthy digital tumble of squashed beats in a two step stylee, grinding b-lines squeezing the pulse of the rhythm into a heavy heavy grind, while everything from a stray trumpet to mangled timestretched samples do their thing. Awesome. "Caned Pees" on the flip is more plastic, almost tabloid, but there's enough low-end mashing and honey vocalising going on to get your limbs and your knickers in a twist all over again. Killer.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify