Reviewed by adam anonymous (Plan B)
You gotta love Shitmat. Few in the history of music have displayed such blatant disregard for, well, everything. The name, the samples stealing, the shameless love of happy hardcore. The CD booklet is conclusive evidence. There's a fry-up inside. The mushrooms ain't from Tesco, the egg yolk is a smiley face, the beans are Mitsubishis, and Kevin Bacon's head is pasted onto the bacon. Nothing is sacred, nor should be. The hardest beats pound, but this early-Nineties ravehead still demands danceable d'n'b rhythms. It's murderous jungle with the best kind of autism, and any loony who calls songs 'Theme From The 1988 Morris Dancer Massacre' merits a sainthood.
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel