Reviewed by Maurizio Pustianaz (chaindlk.com)
SACRED SYMBOLS OF MU is Planet Mu’s 100th release (postponed release as they are arrived already to 150) and the perfect way to celebrate it, was gathering twenty four tracks/bands showing what has been passed in the last three years since their last compilation “Children of Mu” thanks to old (Jega, Venetian Snares, µ-Ziq, Luke Vibert, Shitmat, Leafcutter John and Dykehouse) and new (Vex'd, Pinch, Distance, Boxcutter, Breakage, etc.) acts of
Reviewed by Luke Smith (Future Music)
A label sampler containing two discs of Planet-mu goddness that, as you'd expect, spans the electronic garmut. It also reflects the label's recent move toward some slightly more urban affairs including a healthy dose of Dubstep, alongside a smattering of Grime and D'n'B. Don't get too worried though: Mr Paradinas' ear is still as funely-tuned as ever, and the examples on display are of a high calibre. All the electronics you can handle and then a bit more for fun, with healthy doses of squelch and beep on the side. And it only costs a fiver!
Reviewed by Dave Stenton (iDJ, Aug. 06)
'Sacred Symbols Of Mu' sees Planet Mu chalk up 100 releases, making it one of the elder statesmen of British electronic labels. The track selection is suitably mature too: there are, of course, a handful of breakcore tracks but not so many as to become tiresome - and the remainder of the 24 tracks (which are all exclusives) cover all musical bases from dubstep to alt.rock. The standouts on the first CD come from Dykehouse (probably the closest
Reviewed by JH (Krugler, Aug. 06) (Krugler, Issue 11)
Worcester's electronic imprint Planet Mu release a double CD to mark their 100th release, priced at a very reasonable £5.99! That's right, 24 exclusive tracks of currently unreleased high quality electronic music for under six quid! OK, you might not get much of a sleeve design but for that price, what do you want? The moon on a stick? Etc?
As well as the big names (well, in electronic music terms anyway) of Venetian Snares, Jega, Shitmat,
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row