Reviewed by Kenny Strömsholm (imhotep.fi)
Aaron Funk is the mastermind behind Venetian Snares, a man walking the most perilous paths in drill n' bass genre. This artist creates the most scary shit on this planet whenever he feels like it. Be it stretching atmospheres, speaker-destroying breakcore, idm or gabber, it's always monster mashing. "Meathole" was recorded back in 2003 between "The Chocolate Wheelchair" and "Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding" albums.
'Meathole' is no exception to its predecessors, even if it seems like Aaron has this
time oriented more into strict breakcore drilling and darkly decorative atmospheres, something that breaks down in a very amusing way. From the break pulse it gets more and more into out of range hysteriform 'snip snapping'. It's just venomous hack and slash beating, and even if it musically is dark and assertive, one can't stop grinning because of its grievous repercussion. This must be the utter part of the cosmetic audio Nip / Tuck series. Be warned, this is the closest to flatline you can get without actually getting it.
- Darqwan - M/a...ximum Reespek
- iTAL tEK - Blood Line
- Ceephax - Megalift E.P.
- The Doubtful Guest - Electrobotz
- Milanese - Extend
- Pinch - Punisher
- Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz
- Tim Exile - Tim Exile's Nuisance Gabbaret Lounge
- Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
- Boxcutter - Oneiric
- Boxcutter - Tauhid
- Uniform - Protocol
- Shitmat & Friends - Gary's Gruesome Remixes
- Guilty Connector - Beats, Noise & Life
- The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
- Venetian Snares - Hospitality
- The Gasman - This One's For You
- Breakage - Drowning
- Equinox - Acid Rain V.I.P.
- Pinch - Qawwali
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn
- Virus Syndicate - Ready To Learn Remix
- Vex'd - Bombardment Of Saturn
- µ-Ziq - Ease Up