Reviewed by Kenny Strömsholm (imhotep.fi)
Aaron Funk is the mastermind behind Venetian Snares, a man walking the most perilous paths in drill n' bass genre. This artist creates the most scary shit on this planet whenever he feels like it. Be it stretching atmospheres, speaker-destroying breakcore, idm or gabber, it's always monster mashing. "Meathole" was recorded back in 2003 between "The Chocolate Wheelchair" and "Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding" albums.
'Meathole' is no exception to its predecessors, even if it seems like Aaron has this
time oriented more into strict breakcore drilling and darkly decorative atmospheres, something that breaks down in a very amusing way. From the break pulse it gets more and more into out of range hysteriform 'snip snapping'. It's just venomous hack and slash beating, and even if it musically is dark and assertive, one can't stop grinning because of its grievous repercussion. This must be the utter part of the cosmetic audio Nip / Tuck series. Be warned, this is the closest to flatline you can get without actually getting it.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify