Reviewed by Jon Andrews (Future Music)
Glitchy beats are becoming a bit of a norm round these parts. What was nce a cutting edge genre now often seems a fairly dull attempt at extreme drum programming. Planet Mu were once the great backers of this but, thankfully, recent releases are moving away from the formula. On this one, for example, all the piercing stuff is there but it's backed by some quite stunning traditional, synthetic and downright melodic stuff. There's stuff going back to 1999 on here, so perhaps you can forgive the dated feel of those beats, although they must have been something back then. To my mind the tracks without the blitzkrieg beats work better so have to wonder if John Charles Wilson, the man behind the projects, might well consider stripping back the clever stuff to reveal the beauty behind it...
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify