Reviewed by Ben Edwards (DJ magazine)
It's difficult to know how to approach Dimitri Fergadis' Phthalocyanine project. For starters, it sounds like a 33rpm car crash stuck on 35. In fact, it would take the harshest, most toxic mind-bending hallucinogens to untangle this chaotic mess. Still, if you can look past the dysfunctional 2000bpm racket, lurking in the rubble are faded shades of Amon Tobin, Carl Cox in his rave days, hardcore gabba and even Belgian techno. Granted, you have to look pretty hard, but it's there if you want it to be. Indeed, Planet Mu have always had a soft spot for the weird and Phthalocyanine is no different where brazen weirdnessi s concerned - the ghostly tortured sheep on 'Rsemary' sees to that. A squat party classic? Maybe. Ddrug-induced stereo rage? Almost certainly.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify