Reviewed by Ali Burge (twenty4-seven.co.uk)
Worcester's Planet Mu label has been steadily releasing some of the finest electronica, techno and breakcore in the world. 'Amµnition' is broadly billed as an overview of the label's current output such as Venetian Snares, Ddamage and Shitmat. Rather than taking the route of most low price CD samplers and just putting a few old tracks on, 'Amµnition' not only has 34 tracks, but a fair few of them are exclusive to this CD all mixed by label owner and music legend µ-Ziq. If you like your music hard, nasty and fast, then check out 'Amµunition'.
Reviewed by Ben Osborne (DJ magazine)
Mike Paradinas' record label follows its recent 'Children Of Mu' compilation with this budget priced showcase mix of the wild talent assembled on is roster. As fans of Paradinas' work will expect, there's off-the-wall brilliance, and absurdity, at every turn here. Amongst the 34 songs that Paradinas whisks through in 80 minutes, Venetian Snares' jazz-driven 'Whiskey Drunk' and bonkers 'Einstein-Horseshack Lids', Remarc's 'Bad Bwoy', Shitmat's
Reviewed by Maurizio Pustianaz (chaindlk.org)
Gathering different tracks from different Planet Mu releases of the second half of the label's catalog, AMMUNITION isn't a classic compilation, because the tracks have been mixed by Mike Paradinas just to form a unique changing long track (the tracks, if I'm not wrong, aren't in their original lenght). In this way you can find in a row six Venetian Snares tracks, Chevron, The Gasman, Datach'i, Hellfish, Rude Ass Tinker, Hellfish again, to name few. It
Reviewed by Neil Wells (delta-9.net)
Planet Mu is a label that moves so fast and puts out such a wide range of music that it's hard to get a good handle on what they're doing. The 'Cosmic Forces Of Mu' 2xCD sampler from a couple of years ago gave a good and balanced look at the breadth of the label's output, offering up a few classic and exclusive tunes along the way - but felt a bit sprawling and difficult to handle, veering as it did from whimsical folktronica to nosebleed deathcore in
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify