Reviewed by Ben Murphy (DJ magazine)
The Gasman in question is less like a fellow that changes extortionate amounts to fix your boiler, and more like an amorphous phantom obsessed with odd ambience. Chris Reeves' new double album is a trip into haunted territory over two CDs. On CD1, the largely beatless electronics conceal deep layers of melody and invention. CD2, meanwhile, throws crazed beats into the heady melodic mixture. On 'Broken CD Player' he cuts up the normally irritating sound of the title to invoke ghostly choirs - it's impressive and beguiling. A love of old hardcore/rave can be seen in the keyboard bashing and 4/4s of 'Flume' - a decidedly strange piece of techno. And 'Bontempi Lutein' is simply electronic music done properly. Within 34 tracks there's a lot to wade through, but the flashes of brilliance make that worth the trip.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify