Reviewed by LMT (Vanity Project) (Vanity Project 14, Summer 05)
Portsmouth's very own The Gasman (ADA Christopher Reeves...no, really!) is something a bit special. Yes, I do have a auto-reflex bias for acts from my hometown, but even taking that into account this stands head and shoulders above the crowd. Reeves' real talent is in simply being himself. For sure he is influenced by the Warp Records stable. But rather than rehash derivative loops he conjures up soundscapes that come across like Lynch-ian nichtmares. Could this double album (like most doubles) benefit from some trimming around the edges? Maybe, but that kind of misses the point. The Gasman is the most uncompromising artist I've come across in a long while. Exceptional.
- Rudi Zygadlo - Great Western Laymen
- FaltyDL - Endeavour
- Ikonika - Dckhdbtch
- FaltyDL - Phreqaflex
- DJ Nate - Hatas Our Motivation
- Oriol - Night And Day
- Vex'd - Cloud Seed
- Terror Danjah - Power Grid E.P.
- Oriol - Coconut Coast
- Ital Tek - Moment In Blue E.P.
- Rossi B & Luca (feat. Killa P.) - E10 Riddim
- Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes
- The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into A Field By A Deformed Deer
- Starkey - Stars (feat. Anneka)
- Slugabed - Ultra Heat Treated E.P.
- Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises
- FaltyDL - Love Is A Liability
- Luke Vibert - We Hear You
- Boxcutter - Arecibo Message
- Shitmat - One Foot In The Rave
- Terror Danjah - Industry Standard Part 4
- Terror Danjah - Gremlinz (The Instrumentals 2003-2009)
- Burnkane - You Know
- Subeena Ft. Jamie Woon & Om'Mas Keith - Solidify