Reviewed by sheikh ahmed (absorb.org)
ok, so they may be outtakes and leftovers from mike 'µ-ziq' paradinas' floor, but his scraps are better then most people's proper servings. and there are a lot of them here; 34 tracks in total, lickedly-split into 2 cd's. to be blunt; i thought his last lp ('bilious paths') sucked. too complex, horribly obtuse and somehow we'd heard it all before....
ahh, this is much better. the sounds on this album make it more suitable for a person my age....'thirtysomething-tronica'. y'know, the kind of tracks with lovely, fluffy, hummable melodies and solid beats that you can dance to (like in the olden days); with not a trace of dsp or glitch in sight. these are the forgotten sketches that must have lay dormant within his atari st, unable to communicate with the shiny new world of apple macs. midi over digi.
i could be a sad case and extoll the virtues of this album track-by-track but i've gotta leave in like ten minutes so i'll no bother. suffice to say that it's the most 'fun' lp i've heard this miserable month. anything that makes cricklewood seem a nicer place than it actually is, can't be all bad in my book.
- The Doubtful Guest - Acid Sauna
- Barry Lynn - Balancing Lakes
- Tom Burbank - Famous First Words
- The Gasman - Audiogold
- Boxcutter - Glyphic
- Frog Pocket - Come On Primates Show Your Teeth!
- µ-Ziq - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique
- Luke Vibert - Chicago,Detroit,Redruth
- Various - 2OO
- Luke Vibert - Mate Tron
- Syntheme - Vol.1
- Ra - Ev.Panic Redone
- Shitmat - Grooverider
- Neil Landstrumm - Restaurant Of Assassins
- Venetian Snares - Pink+Green
- MRK1 - Copyright Laws
- Milanese - Adapt
- Last Step - Last Step
- Distance - My Demons
- Julian Fane - Our New Quarters
- The Gasman - Love Collection
- Distance - Fallen (Vex'd Remix)
- FFF - The Feeling
- Distance - Traffic