Reviewed by Adam Anonymous (new-noise.net)
"The cover art says more than words ever could – a lion, rocking an orange puffa jacket and fuck-off 'AMEN' ring, toting a machine gun and puffing an impressive spliff. This is ruder than five drug dealers in a blacked-out Golf GTI. Splendid. Brighton's Henry 'Shitmat' Collins knows how to sonically announce his full-length arrival too. Within a minute of 'Original Babylon' cranking into life, we're threatened this will 'blow yer fuckin' heads off'.
Reviewed by Johnny C (noiseloop.com)
Shitmat (aka Henry Collins) is a talented, if disturbed indivivual.10 tracks of sample led breakcore mayhem,make up this fucking mad album.Contained within the mayhem are cameo apperances from such greats as Micheal Jackson,Ace Of Base,The stranglers,and of course Benny Hill and the rainbow theme(i kid ye not). Sounds cheesey? Well it ain't, as long as the listener has a sense of humour and a love of hard mash up breaks,you'll love it. 'Rough Babylon'
Killa Babylon Kutz (Planet Mu, 2004)
Reviewed by ragudave (reggae-reviews.com)
Henry Collins (aka Shitmat) has created an album that moves from extreme noise dancehall to sample-heavy drum and bass. On top of this we have some great high speed toasting. The samples are from numerous sources and include the theme to Rocky, Mastermind as well as tracks from The Ruts, Queen, and Michael Jackson. This album shows how reggae, techno, jungle, dancehall and toasting can all be blended together. If you’ve enjoyed the plundertronica
Massive double set from the Shitmat for Planet Mu, seriously needed messy mentalisms for all you hardcore revivalists, dancehall bezerkerists and mashed-up jackers out there. Built around eight tracks utilising the “Babylon Bwoy” accapella, check the brutal percussive carnage offered up by the Amen-break obsessed “Amen Babylon” - complete with obligatory gospel “Amen” renditions fed through helium effects, or the Ace-of Bass cussing “Ace
- Various - The Cosmic Forces Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Defluxion
- Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Making Orange Things
- Joseph Nothing - Dummy Variations
- Hrvatski - Swarm & Dither
- Mu Allstars - Criminal
- Hellfish & Producer - Constant Mutation (Mixed)
- Leafcutter John - Microcontact
- Nicole Elmer - Beef Bouilion
- Tim Tetlow - Beauty Walks A Razor's Edge
- Phthalocyanine - 25 Tracks Fer 1 Track
- Leafcutter John - Concourse E.E.P.
- Luke Vibert - '95-'99
- Jega - Geometry
- Capitol K - Roadeater E.P.
- Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
- Jega & Kid Spatula - Unity Gain / Hard Love
- Capitol K - Sounds Of The Empire
- Slag Boom Van Loon - So Soon
- Tusken Raiders - The Motorbike Track
- Slag Boom Van Loon - Slag Boom Van Loon
- Jega - Spectrum
- Horse Opera - 3 Cornered Room
- Capitol K - Island Row