Shitmat – Killababylonkutz : lp
Reviewed by Chris Bress (collective zine)
Anybody that heard the limited 7” single Shitmat did last year will I am sure be eager to check this record out. The 7” was proper fucking good dirty ragga jungle.
This album kicks off with snippets of mastermind, jacko, the prodigy, the stranglers, the ruts and even ace of base samples. There is a lot of borrowed material on display here, but with massive jungle breaks over the top as well as the odd hilarious vocal part, usually chanting “Babylon” constantly! Not unlike Bounty Killer then!!
Although this isn’t the sort of record I can play at home a lot I can see myself listening to this record a lot elsewhere. I would like very much to catch Shitmat live, maybe supporting The Bug! That would be brutal.
- Last Step - You're A Nice Girl
- Dolphin & The Teknoist - Soul Cannibal / Closing Down
- Bizzy B - Science EP Vol V
- Kyler - Pur Cosy Tales
- Hellfish - One Man Sonic Attack Force
- Virus Syndicate - The Work-Related Illness
- Virus Syndicate - Slow Down
- Shitmat - The Lesser Spotted Burberry EP
- Bizzy B - Science EP Volumes III + IV
- Bizzy B - Science EP Vol IV
- Exile - Pro Agonist
- Vex'd - Degenerate
- Vex'd - Gunman
- John B & Exile - Broken Language
- Mark One - One Way
- Venetian Snares & Bong-Ra - 4 Adaptations Of Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
- Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
- Ed Lawes - 14 Tracks/Pieces
- Eight Frozen Modules - DJ, Riddim & Source E.P.
- dDamage - Pressure
- Bizzy B - Science EP Vol III
- Hawerchuk - Camel Toe
- Shitmat - Full English Breakfest