Shitmat – Killababylonkutz : lp
Reviewed by Chris Bress (collective zine)
Anybody that heard the limited 7” single Shitmat did last year will I am sure be eager to check this record out. The 7” was proper fucking good dirty ragga jungle.
This album kicks off with snippets of mastermind, jacko, the prodigy, the stranglers, the ruts and even ace of base samples. There is a lot of borrowed material on display here, but with massive jungle breaks over the top as well as the odd hilarious vocal part, usually chanting “Babylon” constantly! Not unlike Bounty Killer then!!
Although this isn’t the sort of record I can play at home a lot I can see myself listening to this record a lot elsewhere. I would like very much to catch Shitmat live, maybe supporting The Bug! That would be brutal.
- Doormouse - Broken
- Vsnares - 2370894
- Hellfish & Producer - Bastard Sonz Of Rave
- Venetian Snares - Einstein-Rosen Bridge
- Guilty Connector - Conspiracy Of The Mankind
- Chevron - Swimmin' Lessons
- Nautilis - Sketches
- Ambulance - Antiques Roadshow
- Decal - Moylough Remix
- Weaver001 - A Step Aside
- Nautilis - Marufo
- Subjex - Interstella
- Frog Pocket - Fir Faas
- Mu Allstars - Criminal '02
- Tusken Raiders - Bantha Trax Vol.2
- Jega - Type Xer0